Print:

A truly successful product: the ING-DiBa home loan

Isold Heemstra, Head of Marketing and Sales Mortgages

LinkedIn profiel

Isold HeemstraWith a home loan portfolio volume of around 65 billion euros and a new business volume of over 10 billion euros (both in 2015), ING-DiBa is one of the largest financiers of private construction and home purchasing projects in Germany.

The business model of ING-DiBa home loan

The bank’s business model concentrates on just a few products with transparent and favourable conditions, and is characterised by high cost efficiency. This also applies to the home loans. Over 80% of all our mortgages are secured at the customer’s home by one of approximately 3,000 financing partners. The remaining 20% are completed through the bank’s internal direct sales channels.

What do we do differently from other mortgage lenders?

We are faster: It takes us just three days to give a loan commitment. We are more efficient: Each project is pre-scored in an online consultation. And we are more digital: We turned the fax off in May 2016 and since then all operations are submitted by online upload. Customers identify themselves using video legitimisation on their home PCs and can immediately make online mortgage payments. But we are also faster in dealing with our partners. Each consultant can assess the value of the property in discussion using an evaluation tool.

ING-DiBa assumes the costs

Isold Heemstra, Head of ING-DiBa Home Loans: “We will maintain our frontrunner status by offering a stronger customer orientation. In this regard, last year we expanded our price table to include a regional interest rebate. This allows us to react even more flexibly to market changes and to individually control both the volume of the mortgage and the margin. The success of ING-DiBa in Germany is confirmed by this announcement: ING-DiBa has taken the three first places “Best Bank 2016”, “Best Internet Banking 2016” and “Popular Bank 2016” in the big €uro bank test (€uro business magazine, issue 05/2016).

Isold Heemstra speaks on the IIR Mortgage Week Event at 12 October.

Wij gebruiken cookies om IIR.nl gemakkelijk te maken. Bezoekt u onze website, dan gaat u akkoord met deze cookies meer informatie

De cookie-instellingen op deze website zijn ingesteld op 'toestaan cookies "om u de beste surfervaring mogelijk. Als u doorgaat met deze website te gebruiken zonder het wijzigen van uw cookie-instellingen of u klikt op "Accepteren" hieronder dan bent u akkoord met deze instellingen.

Sluiten